November 20, 2006

Fun on the Weekend: A New Novelty

I am beginning to realise that the best part about no longer being a student is that when I go home, there is no more work to do. And thus, the weekends have become fun again. Mostly. (I went to a karaoke party on Saturday, which really does not fit into the "fun" category, as far as I'm concerned.)

There was bowling with a rather large group of anthropologists on Friday, which was great, aside from the fact that everybody else's score went up when the beer started to flow, and mine went down. I didn't do so badly in the first game, but I got the lowest score out of both teams in the second game! I started to have flashbacks to high school gym class, when our grade in the bowling unit was actually based on our score... it was just cruel. Bowling is not, and never has been, my sport. Not to mention that it's not particularly compatible with wrist and elbow tendonitis... I was feeling it a bit the next day!

Rick and I went to Pacific Mall on Saturday, North America's largest indoor Asian mall. It's essentially a big square with a lot of glass cubicles for stores, so it can be rather hard to orient oneself inside, and a lot of the stores look quite similar. Fortunately, all of the hallways are labelled with street names, so it's not too difficult to navigate if one is paying attention. It's a very fun place to window shop, and I specifically went to find some dishes for my new apartment. No such luck, however, as they were all very expensive, but I did get a kickass cocktail dress to wear to a party next weekend (which may be featured in next week's blog). I also have to mention the stellar bubble tea I enjoyed - that's definitely the place to get it!

Finally, Sunday morning involved a trip to the SPCA where they were doing their annual "Pet Pictures with Santa" fundraiser. Mowgli was great, and the picture turned out quite well considering there were quite a few big dogs nearby... he looks adorable. It's a really fun way to support the SPCA.

No comments: