March 29, 2007

Long-awaited News

After obsessively checking my online status on the York website and my voicemail for the last few weeks, I was thrilled this morning to find an email from my soon-to-be supervisor at York (who is currently in Switzerland) congratulating me on being accepted into the PhD program! YAY! I haven't gotten the phone call from the graduate admissions committee yet, but probably tonight. I am, obviously, going to accept.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed (yet simultaneously ecstatic) at the moment, but very much relieved that I know where I'm going to be in the fall, and that I will have a bit more stability in my life for the next 4-5 years. And it's so great to know I'm going to be pursuing research that I'm passionate about again, and in such a fantastic program! :D

10 Days to Wales! What a week...!

No comments: