
Happy belated International Women's Day! I attended the IWD rally in Toronto last Saturday with Heather and it was great -many groups with many different causes, all there in solidarity to support women's rights. It was a crazy, incredibly busy day though, which began with a trip to MEC to pick up stuff for my trip to Wales, meeting Heather for brunch, the IWD rally, a long walk to the Distillery District and
S
oma Chocolatemaker for some of their amazing mayan hot chocolate, a jaunt to Karrie's new apartment in Toronto, and then home for a party in the evening that went into the wee hours of the morning. Loki also went to his new home with Kate on Saturday evening, a very difficult decision which was instigated by the worsening of my allergies; he seems to be adapting well, though, and I know he'll be well taken care of. :)
The week was no slower, I'm afraid, precipitated by survey insanity at work (anthropologists really aren't supposed to be doing this sort of thing!), my second cold o

f 2007, and a conference paper I gave on Friday. The conference, "Thinking About Animals: Domination, Captivity, Liberation", was at Brock University in St. Catharines through the Department of Sociology. It was a really neat conference in that it brought together people from both academic and activist communities to talk about human-animal relationships. I wasn't able to attend both days, unfortunately, but my paper was well-received and I'm hoping it will be part of the selection of conference papers published in an online journal.
I leave for Wales in 3 weeks today! yay! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment