n a long time, or felt inspired to draw... it was kind of sad. Scary in retrospect as well, in terms of looking at how unbalanced my life in school was for so many years! But it seems to be coming back slowly.I've recently been itching to start working with sculpture again, which was always one of my favourite pastimes. No clay handy, so I've picked up two specific mediums over the past couple of weeks: papier mache and gingerbread. Yes, you read that second one correctly - I'm having a great time making gingerbread cookies. For instance, why have just a gingerbread squirrel, when you can have a thug gingerbread squirrel with a baseball bat? :) And then he gets covered in icing and candy and it's quite a nice piece of art in the end - the empitome of edible eye candy. I've had a lot of fun making personalised cookies for some of my friends too! The papier mache is great as well, although much slower because I can only do one layer an evening while I wait for each one to dry.
No comments:
Post a Comment