Known by some as the "most magical night of the year", thanks to the idea that the veil between our world and the spirit world is at its thinnest, Samhain, aka Halloween, is my favourite holiday (with Yule coming in a close second). I'm not quite sure why, but I think it has something to do with just how much fun it is with the parties and costumes. And, of course, the large quantity of chocolate I have an excuse to eat on the 31st and for several days afterwards, even though I'm far too old to go trick or treating.

We went out to "The Winking Judge" on Saturday night, a fun - if small - pub that has an amazing selection of microbrewed beer. We had our horns on in true Pagan style, and sort of ended up crashing the English Dept's grad student bash. Leigh and Shane, my current housemates, came out with us too, and with much cooler costumes - a B-movie Kung Fu Master, and a '50s housewife (she even had cookies to give out!)

I unfortunately woke up with a nasty cold on Sunday morning (no, I can promise you I didn't drink enough to get a hangover), but we carved a pumpkin anyway, and it turned out to be pretty cool. I'm not exactly sure what to do next, though, aside from wear horns to my office party tomorrow!

I haven't handed out candy in years, thanks to living in basement apartments for far too long, but that might actually be kind of fun - especially if it gives me an excuse to buy a big box of candy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment