We spent last night watching the Foo Fighters perform their acoustic show at the Hummingbird Centre in Toronto. It was freakin' amazing. I've been kind of indifferent to their music in the past, although I liked what I heard on the radio for the most part, but Rick has been a huge fan for years. So when we found out his friend Ian had these amazing 8th row floor seats and wasn't able to go, we were pretty stoked that he offered them to us. (Thank you, Ian!) I was having a bad joint day, so I was feeling shitty when I got there, but I left feeling a lot better. I mean, what acoustic rock show wouldn't be amazing when accompanied by an accordion, a mandolin, and a violin?! Anyway, if they are coming to your city and the show isn't sold out, you should go.
So we were out late last night, and bright and early this morning I had a telephone job interview for an internship position at the British Empire and Commonwealth Museum in Bristol, UK. I was apprehensive after the way my last job interview went in June, an experience which made me wish I had to defend my MA thesis several more times, rather than go through another interview. (I really wish I understood why seeing how fast a job candidate can pull a somewhat relevant case study out of his/her ass in response to a formulaic behaviour-based interview question is viewed as the "best" method of assessment in North America!) That said, I spent yesterday before the concert just doing research and preparing written responses to common interview questions (the one perk of interviewing over the phone). I think it went well overall, but I have been feeling apprehensive since then... the interviewer said all of the candidates were very good, so I don't know what my odds are on this one. The idea of being in the UK (50 km from Wales!) is exciting, but I worry about leaving Rick and Mr. Mowgli for 6 months too. Sigh. Regardless, the experience would be pretty amazing. I should find out tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment