May 27, 2008

Exam... Still in Progress

Okay, so it's about 2:45am and I had been hoping to finish this blasted comp today, but it's looking like that might not be possible if I want to function coherently tomorrow. I have made good progress over the past few days, but not quite as much as hoped with two parties - a going-away party for Sushant (I'll miss you!) and a Jack and Jill party for Kate and Adam, a really fantastic anthropology duo - both of which included healthy quantities of beer. It was fun - and balance is important - but I'm feeling a tad stressed right now. At this point, I am hoping to finish at least the current section I'm working on, and most of the next one, leaving only the conclusion for next Monday. And what am I doing until next Monday, you might ask, that would prohibit me from working on this delightful exam?

I am going to a camp in Algonquin Park for 5 glorious days of escape! :) My supervisor is teaching a master's level course on environmental education and offered me the opportunity to come along. I could have actually enrolled in the course, but decided against it - I don't want the responsibility of having to complete assignments amidst finishing exams and starting my fieldwork! - so instead I'm going to use it as an opportunity to learn from discussing the readings with other students, as well as help out with some facilitation of the discussion. We do, however, get lots of free time to do canoeing, archery, and a host of other outdoorsy things I really enjoy but haven't done in ages. I'm really excited! It's going to be great to take a break from writing and, perhaps most importantly, get away from my desk. Stay tuned for pictures...

Now I just have to get back to focusing on this paper. Sigh.

UPDATE: Goal attained! The paper is done, save for the conclusion and fleshing out a couple of other bits. And it only took me until 7am. ;) Algonquin Park, here I come!

No comments: