On June 22nd I headed down to Massachusetts with Leigh and Shane for our adventure in Boston. While they were there for a fencing tourney, I went down to meet up with several friends from Vancouver who were all there for our friend Andrew's wedding, which was really really great. (Aside from trying to get to the subway from our h
ption, which was a ton of fun. Andrew put all of us from his SFU days with his MIT roomies at the same table and we had a total blast! I think Andrew has very good taste in friends. ;) Sunday I met up with Andrea, another friend from SFU who just defended her PhD at MIT and who I actually don't think I've seen since she left for Boston 5 yrs ago. Crazy. She gave Leigh, Shane, and I a great tour of Boston (especially of its pubs :) - what a neat city. Monday, en route back to Canada, we decided to stop The following weekend I got the keys for my new apartment in Toronto (exciting!), and headed to Casa Loma for the annual Renaissance Festival with Vanessa, Heather, Heather, Andrew, and John, my new guy. Unfortunately, it's not really compara
Sunday was Leigh's birthday celebration and it was awesome. They rented a limo and ten of us headed to Niagara for a tour of some of the local wineries. We had to wear something outrageous, and I picked up this hilarious sailor outfit while I was in Bosto
n that turned out to be more scandalous than I had imagined - the staff at the first winery thought that it was a stag because of my costume! :P We finished off the day by heading back to Leigh and Shane's for a great potluck, and then going to the Canada Day fireworks in the Hamilton harbour. It was really fantastic.Things have slowed down a teeny bit since then, although I did go to see The White Stripes in concert at the Molson Amphithea
tre last week (they were amazing!) and I have made several trips to my new place to drop off stuff... I have a feeling the friends who are helping me move this Saturday will appreciate that all my boxes of books have already made it over to the new place. :) My time in Hamilton is coming to a close and I think I'm going to miss parts of it - it's really kind of grown on me in some ways. That said, my new place is pretty cool, and many of my friends from Hamilton are also moving to the big city this summer, so I won't have to worry about being lonely at all. And I'm super-excited about starting at York!Farewell, Hamilton!
No comments:
Post a Comment