The following week I got my tax return, splurged on lululemon as planned, and applied for EI. Nice that my daymares of being audited and denied gov't assistance have not yet come to fruition! :P One big accomplishment is that I managed to find a new
apartment in Toronto last week. It's really great! In an older house that's just been totally renovated, and it's actually on the second floor... I can't tell you how thrilled I am to not be relegated to a basement apartment as I had anticipated. I will post pics once I've moved in. I actually take possession of it in July too, which is great in terms of getting out of my current place with relatively little stress. And not only is it close to the subway, but it's next door to my gym too! Yes!
Otherwise, I've been doing a helluva lot of socialising (hence all these pics), which has been great. I know I'm going to be a bit starved for it when I get back into school (and when I'm away from most of my friends in Hamilton), so it's been fantastic. Lots of pubbing, movie nights, and even an impromptu pina colada patio party! This past Saturday I went to the Casbah to see the Steeltown Sirens, Hamilton's own burlesque dancers; they were really fantastic.
In the coming weeks I'm planning to start doing some purging of old things, and then start packing stuff like books that I don't need immediately. I also have a trip to Boston planned with Leigh and Shane later this month, which is going to be excellent - and it happens to coincide with a friend's wedding, so I will be reuinted with other friends from Vancouver while I'm there too. It really is funny h
ow things work out like that! I also have some fun things coming up like the ballet (Don Quixote), a tour of Niagara's wineries for Leigh's birthday, The White Stripes in concert, and an overnight backpacking trip on the Bruce Trail. I am also looking forward to meeting with my supervisor at York once she comes back from India so we can figure out what I'm doing in the PhD program this fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment